We're available 24/7
24/7 Towing Service in St. Louis and Arnold, MO
We specialize in all light, medium and heavy duty towing services. Our dispatchers provide true 24-hour personalized service, which means there is never an answering machine or answering service. Our dispatch staff is trained to assess your requirements quickly and send the correct Squires vehicle on its way within minutes. Every safety precaution is observed to ensure a safe ride to your vehicle’s destination.
From passenger vehicles and SUV’S, from motorcycles to RV’s, lock-outs to tire changes, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, we will be there!
- LIGHT, MEDIUM FLATBED TRUCKS
- HEAVY DUTY TOWING
- CLASSIC/LUXURY CARS TOWING
- ACCIDENT ASSISTANCE
- ABANDONED VEHICLES
- ILLEGAL PARKING
- EQUIPMENT MOVING
- LONG DISTANCE TRANSPORT
- SERVING THE ST. LOUIS METROPOLITAN AREA and JEFFERSON COUNTY
How to claim your vehicle at the Tow Lot
The Tow Lots are located at 6666 Weber Rd., St Louis, MO 63123. OR 110-B Industrial Dr. Arnold, MO 63010. Please call to verify which location your vehicle was towed. If your vehicle is at the Impound Lot, bring the correct paperwork and form of payment listed below to avoid delays.
If you have questions, call 636-461-2277
The Tow Lots are open six days a week, except for national holidays and Sundays:
Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
To reclaim an impounded vehicle from the Tow Lot, you must bring the following items:
- Vehicle title or current registration (can be retrieved from the vehicle if necessary). If the vehicle was purchased more than 30 days ago and the title/registration is not yet completed, the vehicle will not be released. The new owner must register it at the DMV first and bring in the new paperwork.
- Photo ID (if someone other than the owner is picking up the vehicle, this ID must be for the person picking it up)
- We accept all major credit cards and cash, no checks
- If paying by credit card, the card’s owner must be present
- Vehicles can also be towed away if they’re not drivable
- To retrieve a vehicle on behalf of the owner, you must have a signed and notarized letter authorizing you to pick up the vehicle, in addition to the above requirements. The notarized letter must identify the vehicle by make, model, year and VIN